For longer surveys, you may want to offer your respondents the ability to stop part way through and then return at a later time to finish the survey. In order to activate this feature, you need to:
- Go to your survey and then click on the "Settings" button.
- Be sure that "Multiple Submissions" is set to "No" and that "Save Survey" is set to "Yes".
Click on the "Save Settings" button at the bottom of the page.
Please note the following limitations:
- When "Save Survey" is activated, the user's responses will be saved each time the "Next" page button is clicked.
- The respondent's choices will be saved for a week. Anytime during that week they can return to the survey and update their previous responses or else just continue with the survey.
- However, once they click "Submit", the answers are final and they can no longer return.
- Finally, the respondent needs to return to the same computer and browser that the survey was started on. We use a browser "cookie" to know that the user has started taking the survey.