The Star Rating question type is typically used by reviewers for ranking things such as restaurants and hotels, films, TV shows or, really, anything. A five-star rating system is most common, with one star being the lowest and five stars signifying the best or highest quality.
I’ll walk you through the steps of creating your own Star Rating Question.
- First, click the "Add Question +" button and then double-click on Star Rating. Or you can drag the "Star Rating" element from the menu on the left and insert on your survey page.
- The next step is to enter the question text. For example, “How would you rate the friendliness of our staff”?
- Then choose the icon. In this case, we chose the “hearts” option.
- We decided to give the respondents the choice between 1 and 10 hearts.
- Finally, we select the color that best fits our question and icon (red). Just to the right of the color selector you can see a preview of the icon with the chosen options.
Depending on the scale size (number of icons), we could also make the width of the choices narrower than the default 100% of the page width. When making this decision, please be aware that this affects both the desktop survey view as well as that of mobile devices.
NOTE: For more information on the Star Rating question, please see our introductory blog post.