In the English language we write (and read) from left-to-right but there are several languages, such as Arabic, Hebrew, Persian and Urdu that are written in the opposite direction, from right-to-left (or RTL). I’ll show you the steps required to create an RTL language survey but it’s really very simple. It’s the same as creating any other kind of survey except for just one additional step.
Our journey starts at your Survey Dashboard.
- Either at the menu in the black bar on the top or the green button at the bottom click on “+Create” and then “Survey” to create one from scratch or “Survey from Template” to use of our many predefined survey templates.
- After you’ve clicked on that button a new window will open up. Enter the name for your new survey, a description and click “Submit“. Now you have arrived at the survey editor and you’re ready to add questions or other survey elements.
- Click on the “Settings” button at the top and scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Under the heading “Right-to-Left Languages”, click on “Yes” and then click on the green “Save Settings” button.
- Go back to the survey editor by clicking “Edit” at the top.
- Now, to try our this new language setting, add a question to your survey. For example, a Rating Scale question and select the Likert scale option. Add a question and some choices and then click "Add". You should see something like this.
NOTE: For more information on SurveyRock RTL language entry, please see our introductory blog post.