By adding weights to multiple choice questions, you can very easily create scored quizzes and polls. The total score amounts are shown in the results page as well as when you export your data to a spreadsheet (.xls/.csv) or SPSS (.sav) file. Our Business or Enterprise account holders can also show the total score to the survey respondent as soon as they submit their survey by adding a thank-you page.
Follow these steps to add scores to your multiple choice questions:
1. Add or edit a multiple choice question like usual.
2. On the Add/Edit Multiple Choice Question screen click on "Use Weights?" to add the weight field to each choice row.
3. Add your question choices and any applicable weight as whole or decimal numbers (e.g. 2, 3, 1.4, 0.5, etc.). If need to add additional rows, just click on the "+" at the bottom or click on the trash can icon on the right to delete rows. In the example below, if the respondent chooses options 1 and 2 for this question, their question score will be 3.0 (2 + 1.5).
4. Click "Add" at the bottom to save your question and choices.
5. Go to the Reporting -> Individual Responses section to see the scores for each respondent. We show you the Question Score, Page Score and Total Score.
6. The data is also visible when exporting, of course. Here is an example of a spreadsheet export.